Day 01: Arrival
Arrive at Kilimanjaro International Airport (JRO), Tanzania. After clearing customs, look for your Great Lake Expedition driver. He will be waiting for you, holding a sign with your name on it. Your driver will transport you to Gran Melia hotel & Resort on the outskirts of Arusha (BB)
Day 02: Arusha/ Tarangire National park
In the morning after breakfast (around 7:30 AM) your safari guide will arrive at the hotel and inform the receptionist that he is waiting for you. After meeting up with your driver you will travel to Tarangire National Park, and by 10:00 AM you will already be on your first safari!
In this park you have the chance to see lots of wild Tanzanian animals (lions, buffalos, giraffes, zebras,etc.), but above all else it is famous for its astonishing number of elephants, who typically tend to stay close to their drinking source, the Tarangire River.
You should be aware that this is wild nature, so the guide cannot make any guarantees on the presence of specific wild animals, but you can be sure he will do his best to find everything you’re looking for! The Great Lake Expedition team has its own radio channel that the drivers use to communicate to other guides and collaborate on searches for rare species.
At lunch time you will be provided a meal, after which the safari will continue. In the evening you will be transferred to the Karatu Simba lodge (FB).
- This is your first day on safari, so we ask that you please pay special attention to the national parks visitor rules and our company recommendations.
- During the safari it is strictly prohibited to exit the vehicle, except for in specially designated areas. Violations of this rule may be accompanied by large fines for the company, including the revocation of its license.
- Off road driving is also prohibited, as such behavior may cause irreparable damage to the fragile balance of the natural ecosystem.
- During the safari you are allowed to smoke, but be extremely careful about how you extinguish and dispose of cigarette butts, as they are a frequent cause of fires in the savanna.
- In addition, we sincerely request that you not put your feet on the safari car’s seats, nor sit on the back of them, because this type of behavior quickly makes the cars unusable.Thank you in advance for your understanding.
Day 03: Karatu/ Lake Eyas
Early wake up time, breakfast and travel to Lake Eyasi with a visit of Hadzabe (Bushman) village, where you can watch their daily life and participate in real hunt with them. In the afternoon you will have a break and driver will give you lunch-boxes. After this stop the safari will continue, and by evening you will be transferred to a hotel located on the edge of the Ngorongoro volcanic crater. (FB)
Day 04: Lake Eyas/ Ngorongoro Crater
On this day it is best to leave the hotel as early as possible so you can see the variety of animals that are only active during the morning hours; breakfast will be packed in lunchboxes specifically for this purpose.
At 6:30 AM you will set off for Ngorongoro Conservation Area, and after about an hour you will already be inside the crater. Ngorongoro is one of the most famous and interesting of Tanzania’s national parks because here you can find the greatest number of different animal species per square kilometer. You will have the chance
to see buffalo, elephants, lions, wildebeests, zebras, hippopotamus and feline species such as caracals and servals. The luckiest travelers might even see a rhinoceros, an animal whose numbers are rapidly declining.
By lunch time you will arrive at the lake side, where you will be offered lunchboxes, after which the safari will continue.
In the evening you will be transferred back to the Gran Melia hotel & Spal in Arusha.
Day 05: Lake Eyas/ Ngorongoro Crater
Rest in the hotel and transfer to the airport.
Note: Hotel check-out is at 10:00 AM. In case you need a late check-out because of an evening flight, you have the option to extend your hotel stay till 6:00 PM for an extra fee.
- 1 people = 3000$
- 2 people = 2600$ per person
- 3 people = 2300$ per person
- 4 people = 2000$ per person
- 5 people = 1700$ per person
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN YOUR PACKAGE:
- Pick-up at Kilimanjaro International Airport (JRO);
- Transfer to a hotel in Arusha and back to the airport;
- Accommodation before and after safari (double rooms, breakfast included);
- New SUV (2015-2017) Land Cruiser 4×4 with pop-up roof;
- Experienced English-speaking safari guide;
- 24/7 phone support;
- All park fees;
- All accommodation under your program;
- Three meals per day on safari;
- Bottled water and soft drinks throughout the tour;
- Thermos with hot tea/coffee;
- Medical kit;
- Binocular (1 per SUV);
- Wet wipes.
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED IN YOUR PACKAGE:
- Air tickets;
- Visa fee;
- Lunch and dinner in hotel (only before and after safari);
- Tips to your safari guide