Notice: Undefined index: sa_other_settings in /home/greatlakeexp/public_html/wp-content/plugins/slide-anything/php/slide-anything-frontend.php on line 288
Day 01: Arrival
Arrive at Kilimanjaro International Airport (JRO), Tanzania. After clearing customs, look for your Great Lake Expedition driver. He will be waiting for you, holding a sign with your name on it. Your driver will transport you to Gran Melia hotel & Resort on the outskirts of Arusha (BB)
Day 02: Arusha/ Lake Manyara National park
In the morning after breakfast (around 7:30 AM) your safari guide will arrive at the hotel and inform the receptionist that he is waiting for you. After meeting up with your driver you will travel to Lake Manyara National Park, and by 10:00 AM you will already be on your first safari!
The entire territory of this park is cut through with ground water streams that provide a favorable environment for plants and, in addition, for a multitude of birds (including pink flamingos) and African forest animals.
Around lunchtime you will visit the Maji Moto hot springs and the driver will provide you with personal lunchboxes. After this stop the safari will continue, and by evening you will be transferred to a Karatu Simba Lodge, located on the edge of the Ngorongoro volcanic crater.
- This is your first day on safari, so we ask that you please pay special attention to the national parks visitor rules and our company recommendations.
- During the safari it is strictly prohibited to exit the vehicle, except for in specially designated areas. Violations of this rule may be accompanied by large fines for the company, including the revocation of its license.
- Off road driving is also prohibited, as such behavior may cause irreparable damage to the fragile balance of the natural ecosystem.
- During the safari you are allowed to smoke, but be extremely careful about how you extinguish and dispose of cigarette butts, as they are a frequent cause of fires in the savanna.
- In addition, we sincerely request that you not put your feet on the safari car’s seats, nor sit on the back of them, because this type of behavior quickly makes the cars unusable.Thank you in advance for your understanding.
Day 03: Lake Eyas/ Ngorongoro Crater
On this day it is best to leave the hotel as early as possible so you can see the variety of animals that are only active during the morning hours; breakfast will be packed in lunchboxes specifically for this purpose.
At 6:30 AM you will set off for Ngorongoro Conservation Area, and after about an hour you will already be inside the crater. Ngorongoro is one of the most famous and interesting of Tanzania’s national parks because here you can find the greatest number of different animal species per square kilometer. You will have the chance
to see buffalo, elephants, lions, wildebeests, zebras, hippopotamus and feline species such as caracals and servals. The luckiest travelers might even see a rhinoceros, an animal whose numbers are rapidly declining.
By lunch time you will arrive at the lake side, where you will be offered lunchboxes, after which the safari will continue.
In the evening you will be transferred back to the Gran Melia hotel & Spal in Arusha.
Day 04: Serengeti Valley
After breakfast you will start the safari by being transferred to the central part of the Serengeti (also called Seronera). Here your driver will try to find the animals you’re the most interested in. Closer to lunch time you will visit the Serengeti Visitor Centre, where you will be offered a lunchbox and provided with lots of interesting information not only about the animals’ populations, but also about the history of the National Park. Also, in this area you will be able to see hyraxes, which are the elephant’s closest
It is difficult to describe in detail all the animals of the Serengeti valley, for they number in the thousands: elephants, buffalo, ostriches, giraffes, jackals, hyenas, lions, antelopes, leopards and cheetahs—just keep your eyes peeled and enjoy the nature around you.
In the evening you will be transferred to a Katikati luxury tented lodge, where you will have dinner and be able to rest.
Day 05: Serengeti Valley
After breakfast in the morning you will safari in the eastern and southern parts of the park. The greater part of these areas is a savanna with wide open spaces, which provides a likely opportunity to see cheetah hunting antelopes.
By evening you will finish the safari and return to the Gran melia hotel & Spa in Arusha.
Day 06: Serengeti Valley
Rest in the hotel and transfer to the airport.
Note: Hotel check-out is at 10:00 AM. In case you need a late check-out because of an evening flight, you have the option to extend your hotel stay till 6:00 PM for an extra fee.
- 1 people = 4000$
- 2 people = 3300$ per person
- 3 people = 2900$ per person
- 4 people = 2500$ per person
- 5 people = 2100$ per person
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN YOUR PACKAGE:
- Pick-up at Kilimanjaro International Airport (JRO);
- Transfer to a hotel in Arusha and back to the airport;
- Accommodation before and after safari (double rooms, breakfast included);
- New SUV (2015-2017) Land Cruiser 4×4 with pop-up roof;
- Experienced English-speaking safari guide;
- 24/7 phone support;
- All park fees;
- All accommodation under your program;
- Three meals per day on safari;
- Bottled water and soft drinks throughout the tour;
- Thermos with hot tea/coffee;
- Medical kit;
- Binocular (1 per SUV);
- Wet wipes.
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED IN YOUR PACKAGE:
- Air tickets;
- Visa fee;
- Lunch and dinner in hotel (only before and after safari);
- Tips to your safari guide