Notice: Undefined index: sa_other_settings in /home/greatlakeexp/public_html/wp-content/plugins/slide-anything/php/slide-anything-frontend.php on line 288
Day 01: Arrival
Arrive at Kilimanjaro International Airport (JRO), Tanzania. After clearing customs, look for your Great Lake Expedition driver. He will be waiting for you, holding a sign with your name on it. Your driver will transport you to Gran Melia hotel & Resort on the outskirts of Arusha.
Day 02: Tarangire National park
In the morning after breakfast (around 7:30 AM) your safari guide will arrive at the hotel and inform the receptionist that he is waiting for you. After meeting up with your driver you will travel to Tarangire National Park, and by 10:00 AM you will already be on your first safari!
In this park you have the chance to see lots of wild Tanzanian animals (lions, buffalos, giraffes, zebras, etc.), but above all else it is famous for its astonishing number of elephants, who typically tend to stay close to their drinking source, the Tarangire River.
You should be aware that this is wild nature, so the guide cannot make any guarantees on the presence of specific wild animals, but you can be sure he will do his best to find everything you’re looking for! The Altezza team has its own radio channel that the drivers use to communicate to other guides and
collaborate on searches for rare species.
At lunch time you will be provided a meal, after which the safari will continue. In the evening you will be transferred to the Karatu Simba lodge.
- This is your first day on safari, so we ask that you please pay special attention to the national parks visitor rules and our company recommendations.
- During the safari it is strictly prohibited to exit the vehicle, except for in specially designated areas. Violations of this rule may be accompanied by large fines for the company, including the revocation of its license.
- Off road driving is also prohibited, as such behavior may cause irreparable damage to the fragile balance of the natural ecosystem.
- During the safari you are allowed to smoke, but be extremely careful about how you extinguish and dispose of cigarette butts, as they are a frequent cause of fires in the savanna.
- In addition, we sincerely request that you not put your feet on the safari car’s seats, nor sit on the back of them, because this type of behavior quickly makes the cars unusable.Thank you in advance for your understanding.
Day 03: Lake Manyara
Early wake up time, breakfast and travel to Lake Manyara. The entire territory of this park is cut through with ground water streams that provide a favorable environment for plants and, in addition, for a multitude of birds (including pink flamingos) and African forest animals.
Around lunchtime you will visit the Maji Moto hot springs and the driver will provide you with personal lunchboxes. After this stop the safari will continue, and by evening you will be transferred to a hotel located on the edge of the Ngorongoro volcanic crater.
Day 04: Ngorongoro Crater
On this day it is best to leave the hotel as early as possible so you can see the variety of animals that are only active during the morning hours; breakfast will be packed in lunchboxes specifically for this purpose. At 6:30 AM you will set off for Ngorongoro Conservation Area, and after about an hour you will already
be inside the crater.
Ngorongoro is one of the most famous and interesting of Tanzania’s national parks because here you can find the greatest number of different animal species per square kilometer. You will have the chance to see buffalo, elephants, lions, wildebeests, zebras, hippopotamus and feline species such as caracals and servals. The luckiest travelers might even see a rhinoceros, an animal whose numbers are rapidly declining.
By lunch time you will arrive at the lake side, where you will be offered lunchboxes, after which the safari will continue, ending in a few hours with a transfer to Serengeti National Park. On your travels you will also visit a memorial dedicated to two West German researchers, Bernhard and Michael Grzimek. It is them we have to thank for Northern Tanzania National Parks having survived till our times in its current natural state. You can read their full story in the book “Serengeti Shall Not Die” which can be found on Amazon.com for USD 10–25.
In the evening you will be transferred to a hotel in the center of the Serengeti valley.
Day 05: Serengeti Valley
After breakfast in the morning you will safari in the eastern and southern parts of the park. The greater part of these areas is a savanna with wide open spaces, which provides a likely opportunity to see cheetah hunting antelopes.
In the evening you will be transferred to a hotel, where you will have dinner and be able to rest.
Day 06: Serengeti Valley
After breakfast you will start the safari by being transferred to the central part of the Serengeti (also called Seronera). Here your driver will try to find the animals you’re the most interested in. Closer to lunch time you will visit the Serengeti Visitor Centre, where you will be offered a lunchbox and provided with lots of interesting information not only about the animals’ populations, but also about the history of the National Park. Also, in this area you will be able to see hyraxes, which are the elephant’s closest
It is difficult to describe in detail all the animals of the Serengeti valley, for they number in the thousands: elephants, buffalo, ostriches, giraffes, jackals, hyenas, lions, antelopes, leopards and cheetahs—just keep your eyes peeled and enjoy the nature around you.
By the evening you will be transferred to the northern part of the Serengeti and then to your hotel.
Day 07: Serengeti Valley
Wake up, breakfast and the start of your game drive through the northern part of the Serengeti, which is in a league of its own when it comes to its landscape and diversity of fauna. On this day you can see the animals that only live in the most remote areas of the park.
By evening you will finish the safari and return to the Gran Melia hotel & Spa in Arusha.
Day 08: Departure
Rest in the hotel and transfer to the airport.
Note: Hotel check-out is at 10:00 AM. In case you need a late check-out because of an evening flight, you have the option to extend your hotel stay till 6:00 PM for an extra fee.
- 1 person = 5300$
- 2 people = 4700$ per person
- 3 people = 4100$ per person
- 4 people = 3500$ per person
- 5 people = 2900$ per person
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN YOUR PACKAGE:
- Pick-up at Kilimanjaro International Airport (JRO);
- Transfer to a hotel in Arusha and back to the airport;
- Accommodation before and after safari (double rooms, breakfast included);
- New SUV (2015-2017) Land Cruiser 4×4 with pop-up roof;
- Experienced English-speaking safari guide;
- 24/7 phone support;
- All park fees;
- All accommodation under your program;
- Three meals per day on safari;
- Bottled water and soft drinks throughout the tour;
- Thermos with hot tea/coffee;
- Medical kit;
- Binocular (1 per SUV);
- Wet wipes.
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED IN YOUR PACKAGE:
- Air tickets;
- Visa fee;
- Lunch and dinner in hotel (only before and after safari);
- Tips to your safari guide